The Queensland First Home Owners' Grant also known as 'FHOG' is a State Government initiative available to eligible first home buyers when purchasing their first home in Queensland.
To help make it easier for first home buyers to enter the property market, eligible buyers can now access a grant of $15,000 towards their first home purchase. We've outlined some important information about the first home grant below.
What is the QLD FHOG Amount?
As of July 1st 2018, the current FHOG amount is $15,000. If your contract to purchase or build is signed between 1st July 2016 and 30th June 2018, you may be eligible to apply for the $20,000 grant.
What is the QLD FHOG Eligibility Criteria?
If you’d like to access the Government First Home Owners' Grant (FHOG), then there’s a few things to keep in mind to ensure you’re eligible. We've outlined the eligibility criteria listed on the Queensland Government website below:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You must not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in.
- You must be buying or building a brand new home.
- You must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 1 year of the completed transaction and live there continuously for 6 months.
How to Check Your Eligibility
The Queensland Government website provides a free eligibility test to help determine if you can access the First Home Owners' Grant. You can take the eligibility test here.
Will lenders consider the QLD FHOG as my deposit?
Many lenders will now consider the First Home Owner Grant as part of your initial deposit when buying a brand new home. This has enabled us to provide Low Deposit Home options to first home buyers.
With the QLD FHOG and our help, you can get into your very own home from as little as $5,000 deposit. Better yet, we will provide our $10,000 gift towards your first home purchase to assist with additional costs.